Sunday 25 March 2012

In My Mailbox [34]

 In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

Quite a haul this week....apologies for the terrible photo:

For review:
Burn Mark by Laura Powell
Witchcraft, British setting, what's not to love?
Won:
Immortal City by Scott Speer
Celebrity angels? Love this twist.
Gift:
I Capture the Castle by Dodi Smith
My Aunt bought this for me..it's one of the new designer Vintage covers and it's SO pretty, book sounds amazing too. 
Falling Fast by Sophie McKenzie
From my friend Alice, thanks Alice =]

Hachette Blogger Brunch

Yesterday I went to the Hachette blogger brunch which was SO awesome. Nice to see some bloggers I already know and to meet new ones. AND Ruth Warburton author of A WITCH IN WINTER was there too, so it was lovely to see her! Hachette are going to be publishing some AMAZING  books (including Anna Dressed in Blood and The Duff ) and I absolutely can't wait for them all.

I also snaffled some books from the event:

A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton
Can you say OMG!? I read AWiW around 6 months ago so I'm SO happy to have the second instalment...my copy is signed and will be given away once I've read it ;)
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Seen SO many fantastic reviews for this, can't wait to read it!

Huge thanks to Brodie and Lisa who hosted the Valentine's event where I won Immortal City, and to Scholistic for sending the copy. Thanks to Bloomsbury for Burn Mark and to my Aunt and Alice for the gifts. And finally A HUGE thank you to the team at Hachette for such an amazing event!

I'm so excited about ALL these fantastic books! Have you got any of these? What are you most excited for? Leave me links to your IMM in the comments!

27 comments:

  1. A Hachette blogger brunch? So jealous! It sounds amazing!

    Now I must be honest, I have only heard of one of these books, Grafitti Moon, I must check out the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your luncheon too lol. That book Witch Love looks really good. Adore the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of A Witch in Love! Hope you enjoy all the books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Witch in Love sounds fabulous! I have yet to read the first book but I've heard great things about the story and the main character. I'm just interested to see how this whole love spell fiasco works out for the female MC and her love interest. And GRAFFITI MOON. Boy, did I really enjoy that book! I think you'll love the writing :D

    Have an amazing reading week!

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was your review that made me want to read it so much Asher!!!

      Delete
  5. Hope you enjoy all of your books, they all look great! I actually found out about your blog after seeing your review quoted in A Witch in Winter :)

    Hopefully you'll enjoy Falling Fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way? That's SO cool haha! Well, I'm glad you did ;)

      Delete
  6. Great books! I'm also looking forward to Graffiti Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got tons of great books this week! Graffiti Moon is a book I really need to get. I have heard so much awesome stuff about it. Immortal City sounds awesome!!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! Yay for Graffiti Moon. I really want to read it.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want so dearly to be caught up on my reading so that I can get to A Witch in Winter. I think I've downloaded it for my Nook - and can't wait to read it, mostly because of your review. :) Happy for you that you got to meet the author, Caitlyn! I've heard of most of your books, just haven't read them yet, but I think most of them are on my TBR!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Burn Mark looks fabulous!! Sounds like the brunch was a great time for you and the other bloggers...especially if you get to meet one of your favourite authors! All yoru books look great - enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh nice! Those are all pretty new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just put I Capture the Castle on my to read list. Sounded interesting. My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. i keep hearing great things about graffiti moon and immortal city look great. enjoy your new book!

    my imm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice haul!! I haven't gotten anything this week because I have yet to finish the same books I got roughly two weeks ago... I'm so behind!!! Graffiti Moon looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, nice haul! Very excited for Immortal City. enjoy! :)

    my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Immortal City was quite fun, so I hope you like it! Great mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVED Graffiti Moon! I'm dying to read Immortal City and Burn Mark sounds awesome as well. Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOD! I can't wait to read Immortal City. Isn't the twist on guardian angels just the coolest thing ever? I mean, they're famous!

    Great mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing mailbox - they look fantastic! :D Immortal City sounds so good - I am definitely adding it to my TBR list! Have a wonderful week!

    I'd love if you checked out my IMM post if you're interested:
    http://www.wordsathome.ca/2012/03/imm-2-and-the-above-launch-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhhhh Burn Mark! A Witch in Winter! *grabby hands* I am SO excited to read your reviews for both of them, I am super excited to read. Lucky girl!! And that is so cool you got to attend the Hachette blogger brunch!

    Also, yay for Immortal City, Scholastic rock <3

    So, uh, your mailbox is made of win and I very much hope you enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. you got Falling Fast! I was meant to ask you about that when we were chatting the other day and see if you'd read it! Im really interested in it but not sure if I'll like it enough! I'm gunna wait to read a few more reviews and then decide! I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A Witch in Love!! Eeek!! I can't wait to read Immortal City too. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lots of great books this week! I still need to read A Witch in Winter, but A Witch in Love looks great! Can't wait to start Immortal City and Falling Fast sounds fab too. I've read I Capture the Castle - didn't love it, but I think you'll enjoy it more than I did, and the cover you have is awesome! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh great mailbox! I should be receiving A Witch In Winter and Falling Fast soon. Can't wait to read Immortal City as well :D Enjoy! Glad your prize arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to blogger making it easy for us to reply to comments I will now be replying where possible, so if you comment be sure to check back! =]